Saturday, May 19, 2012

Saturday Afternoon Indulgence


A great Saturday afternoon spent at TCC. I am having high tea myself and entering this post at the same time. It really sucks to be home. Shall not want to elaborate any further here. It's always the same old stuffs at home. 

Well, it is that I am all alone here. Spending quality time alone is also a great luxury to me, adding on that I am still single. I can do whatever I want.

Relax. All because I have finally found a new job. I can now bid farewell to Taka. Not because I seriously dislike or hate working there but when you have put in so much effort and it is being denied. And when you are treated like a ping pong ball being bounced from sections to sections. It is definitely not worth the price. The company needs to change. The Generation X,Y & Z are the future of the business. Pay them the justifiable amount for the right job. Denial and self deceit that the pay is fair will only lead to an ageing population within the orgaisation. When no new blood are pump in, new ideas are not generated and never will the business advance further.

Really put off by this fact and even more put off when your boss tell you that you can only get another job that pays you at most $200 more and yet the overall package is not as good. What makes you think so when now that I have proven you wrong. One moment I am working for Promotions, next moment PR, next Marketing, next Advertising and now back to Promotions. Can you decide what you want from me? Now I can say I do not give a f**k.

I am really lucky. Lucky to be able to find a job during such gloomy job market conditions. Demands are high but supply of jobs ain't high. With my limited marketing experience, it is even harder. Many companies will end up questioning my abilities just basing on my limited experience. Is such a judgement fair? I would say no as it is pretty judgemental and stereotyping. But nontheless it is a materialistic world. It's either you have it or you lose it. But I believe that if you persevere, you will make it. I did and I have found it.

I now look forward to my new job. Better prospects and environment for growth. Better salary package and benefits. And a promotion too. I look forward to it with really much anticipation.

Just ended a busy weekend last Sunday attending my best friend's wedding. It was a loving and joyous day. I am so glad I am being part of it and all the brothers & sisters efforts made the whole wedding such a successful one without a single hiccup. Shall upload the pictures soon, probably tonight.

Despite all the ups and downs during this first half of 2012, life will still move on. I had a fruitful first half of the year and have gained alot in this University called SOCIETY. Everyday is a learning process and everyday we must grow to become a better person.

Live life to the fullest and enjoy life as much as you can. =)

No comments: