Friday, May 16, 2008

Reflections

Looking Back......



I'm stepping into a new phase of my life in about 3 months time. Looking back at my army life from the start of BMT till now, I can say i learnt alot and gain alot. Most importantly, i feel that i had grown up.

Starting all from "chao" recruits till a recee trooper, the road had never been easy at all for me. "How far is far? How high is high? you'll never know until you try." this phrase had brought quite an impact on me. Saw this phrase on a poster at Hawk Company platoon 4's toilet. Many things in life i had experienced failures. But if you give up after set backs, den feel sorry and regretful. Its always not the end of the world. That's when i learnt to try. Even if u never succeed, at least you ever take the first step. And you'll live with no regrets. You'll know how far you can go. This had allowed me to gauge or to see how far i can go many aspect of my life. And i can say, i had never regretted. Regardless of relationships, career or anything, never give up.

From a trainee till a trooper in 5SIR, things were harder. Training was tough and demanding. Expectations were high too. Times were tough but today, i can say its proud to be a scout. Especially in 5SIR 13th Mono Scout Platoon. The cohesiveness and bond forge brought us success and miracles. We created miracles in ATEC evaluation. We were recognised for our hard work. Its not the rewards given that make it recognisable. But the acknowledgement from people that makes all the hard work all worth it. Though i was not able to join in most of the training but i'm always with the platoon. And i had always tried my best. Thumbs up and we are the best! At this moment, i had to agree, " Pain is temporary, Glory is forever!"

Army had taught me to be tolerant and to control my emotions and temper. It had made me realise alot of things. It had made me realise the importance of time. Every second is precious. I had made good friends. Close buddies and brothers!

Looking ahead, i'm kind of worried. I had planned my future. But as long as my first step is unsuccessful, all my plans are screwed. Not say screwed but not the ideal. Not what i wanted. I hope i can get in to SIA. Its a dream to fufil. But i have to give myself a time limit. That is by Feb 2009, if i am still unsuccessful in my attempts for cabin crew, i will give it up. I might consider joining MOE. And take up a degree with NIE. They are offering good terms. Teaching ever crossed my mind. Its also one of my alternatives. At this point in time thats all i can plan of. Its kind of a headache. For my dream, i will work hard. Next sun will be my 4th attempt. My aim.. is to at least get into round 3. Thats all i hope for. Shall just take a step at a time. But the ultimate goal is to pass all rounds. Pray for me! =D

No comments: